Staying active in Fort Lauderdale is important for your mind and your body. Many people enjoy and even rely on some form of physical activity, so it could be very frustrating and even upsetting when you’re unable to be as physical as you’re used to. This is especially true when you suffer from plantar fasciitis. But what is plantar fasciitis, and how can our chiropractic office help treat it?
While it may seem daunting, plantar fasciitis is treatable, and your chiropractor can help do so easily.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
Your body is made of tissues, bones, and nerves. Each of these pieces needs to operate normally to remain in pain-free, working order. On the bottom of your foot there is a thick tissue band. This band connects your toes to your heel. The tissue also helps protect your muscles, your ligaments, tendons, and your nerves of your foot. It also allows your foot to properly function and step without any issues. Sometimes this band of tissue may become inflamed, and when it does, we refer to it as plantar fasciitis.
There are a few things which may increase your chances of developing plantar fasciitis, such as:
- High levels of activity, such as long-distance running, or other athletic sports
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes, especially during physical activity
- Being obese, or even just overweight
- Being Pregnant
- Walking incorrectly, such as always walking on your tip-toes
Plantar fasciitis can be caused by just about anything that puts extra pressure on the bottom of your foot. This risk becomes more prevalent when you’re already unwell, or if you suffer from a condition that often causes inflammation in other body parts, such as autoimmune disorders. While the pain levels associated with plantar fasciitis may vary by person, there are a few symptoms of the condition that many people experience.
Some symptoms may include, but aren’t limited to:
- A stabbing sensation in the bottom of your foot, sometimes traveling to your toes.
- A painful sensation establishing in your heel, whether it travels the foot or not.
- Painful steps in the morning. Many find that the condition worsens in the morning hours.
- Pain that worsens after exercise, but not necessarily during exercise.
- Stiff toes and difficult foot movements.
It’s important that you seek treatment for plantar fasciitis as soon as you notice symptoms. The sooner you treat your condition, the better outcome you’ll have. Untreated plantar fasciitis may cause you to have issues with mobility if left untreated and may cause irreparable damage in the long term.
Chiropractic Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis
While many people think that only a pediatrist or orthopedic specialist can help treat plantar fasciitis, they’d be mistaken. A chiropractor can help treat your plantar fasciitis in a variety of ways. This treatment is safe, and often highly effective.
Most chiropractors can treat your plantar fasciitis with methods such as:
- Adjustments to your feet, ankles, knees, spine, and hips. Your chiropractor can manipulate these zones of your body, helping to relieve the pressure on the bottom of your feet. With enough treatments, the alleviated pressure may help your plantar fasciitis disappear.
- Different stretching techniques can go a long way when it comes to treating plantar fasciitis. Your chiropractor can show you the proper stretching tactics to help alleviate the pressure and the inflammation your feet are experiencing. This also helps treat aches and pains in other places of your body as well. With frequent and correct stretching, you may even find that other health troubles lessen, helping not just your plantar fasciitis, but your overall health too.
- Your chiropractor can help make ergonomic adjustments which will shift your weight as you stand or sit. This will help train your body and your feet to move in a way that lessens the pressure on your foot, as well as within your body. When this pressure is alleviated, you’ll find that the inflammation in your foot also will lessen, helping your plantar fasciitis.
Your chiropractor can make a wide variety of adjustments to your body, including your spine. Your spine controls more of your body than you’d believe. When your spinal alignment is out of order, the rest of your body has the potential to also struggle, including your feet. Your chiropractor can adjust your spine, reducing pressure in your spinal column, as well as elsewhere in your body. When you have good spinal health, you’ll also have good body health.
There are a variety of different ways that your chiropractor can help with plantar fasciitis. There are many treatments available that are effective in treating the condition. Not only is the treatment effective, but there are other benefits of using a chiropractor to treat your plantar fasciitis over a normal doctor.
Some of these benefits include:
Drug Free Treatment
Using a chiropractor to treat your plantar fasciitis is a safe and drug-free alternative. When you visit a chiropractor, they’ll help formulate a treatment plan that is not only effective, but also safe and completely drug free. All too often do people rely on dangerous and heavy painkillers to treat their conditions. Many of these painkillers not only come with nasty side effects, but they don’t even work as they should. This means that you risk your health for no benefit! These drugs are also costly and usually come with a high risk of addiction. Utilizing drug free methods like chiropractic care is always preferred.
Many treatments for plantar fasciitis are very invasive, including surgery options. When you’re looking for a safe and effective way to treat your condition, you’ll probably want to consider the methods that aren’t invasive first, and chiropractic care is the best of them. All chiropractic treatments are meant to be effective without the need of highly invasive tools or procedures. This makes treatment less daunting and easier to manage, while also minimizing the risks that come with invasive treatments.
Another outstanding benefit of using a chiropractor to treat your plantar fasciitis is that the treatment offered is largely pain-free. While some treatments may be mildly uncomfortable at first, each treatment is designed to be as pain-free as possible. This means that you get effective and safe treatment without the extra pain that is common with other types of treatments, including surgery.
Plantar fasciitis is an uncomfortable and painful condition. Going without treatment may cause mobility issues and long-lasting problems. It’s always best to get treatment as soon as possible. The sooner you receive treatment, the more likely you’ll be to avoid long-lasting issues and irreparable damage to your feet and nervous system. Each chiropractic treatment is formulated to fit your needs and your schedule. Chiropractic treatment is safe for most health individuals. Your chiropractor will work with your doctor to help create a treatment plan that works best for you, your health, and your body. This allows your doctors to find which treatments are safe and effective for your individual case.
Chiropractic treatment is a safe and effective way to treat your plantar fasciitis. It also helps you avoid addictive drugs and painful, invasive treatments such as surgery. Don’t let yourself become immobile, get back into the game sooner than later, visit a chiropractor today for plantar fasciitis treatment. The only thing you have to lose is pain.